Jim Harker's Computing Tips Page
Last updated 28 Aril 2000
Apple iMac Tips
iMac freezing or hanging. (a) represents the Apple key.
- Wait a few minutes to see if it fixes itself.
Press (a). (period).
Press (a) Q to quit.
- Press (a) SHIFT ESC. If the force quit dialog appears then click the force quit button.
- Press (a) POWER (this is the power button on the keyboard). If the dialog box appears type G F (include a space betweeen the letters. and press RETURN. This may quit the program, completely freeze up or crash and restart the computer.
- If these haven't worked the iMac is frozen. Try CONTROL (a) POWER to restart.
- Hold down POWER button on the front of the monitor.
- As a last resort insert a paperclip into the reset hole.
Shortcuts for most Applications
|(a) s||save document.|
|(a) SHIFT 3 ||Take a picture file of the entire screen.|
|(a) SHIFT 4||Take a picture file of a rectangular portion of the screen. After using the command select the portion of screen you want to make a file of.|
Return to main Computing page
Return to Home